What can we do for you?
Needy Cat Games offers a variety of services to clients, putting several years' industry experience at your disposal. All prices are negotiable, and will be discussed before any work is agreed upon. If you have any questions at all, or would like to enquire about any of the services below (or even ones that aren't!), contact us.
Tabletop Games Design and Development
As you can see from the Portfolio page, James is an experienced games designer and developer. This is his main passion, and something that he's been doing as a hobby since his youth as well as his time spent doing it professionally. Pricing varies from project to project. We can help you out with any of the following:
- Turning a concept into a working game, checking in with you throughout the process to ensure it's what you want.
- Designing a game from scratch to go alongside an existing range of miniatures.
- Creating expansion content and supplements for an existing game.
- Revising an existing game to create an updated edition.
- Creating bespoke themed micro-games for weddings, corporate events, etc.
Game Design Consultancy
James has spent a lot of time over the past few years giving structured, considered feedback on rule sets, helping to make them more fun and exciting, close down ambiguities and loopholes, clear up language and advise on presentation. Needy Cat Games offers a variety of consultancy services; here are some examples of what we can do:
- Got an idea, but don't know how to turn it into a game? We can facilitate a brainstorming session and help you take the first steps.
- Finished a first draft of a rule set? We can review it and suggest changes and improvements.
- Struggling to make a prototype? We'll give you advice and help you turn your written game into a physical object.
- Having trouble organising playtesting and processing feedback? We'll show you how to get the most out of it.
- Happy with your game, but publishers aren't biting? We'll help you identify the reasons and fix them.
Before he worked in game design James was a community manager, working both through social media and in person to engage customers, raise awareness of products and generally be a recognisable face. He's happy to bring his expertise in this area to other companies. Prices vary depending on services required, which include:
- Engaging with customers on your behalf through e-mail or social media.
- Maintaining a Facebook page, Instagram account or something similar.
- Replying to customer comments on Kickstarter, Facebook, YouTube etc.
- Writing engaging product text and descriptions for your website.
- Organising a team of vounteers to demonstrate your game at trade shows or stockists.
- Attending shows or conventions in person, acting as a spokesperson for your company.